Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chapter 26 - Nearly the holidays again!

Monday 8th - Sunday 14th March

So, this time I decided I would be more punctual, and I'm actually writing this in a computer room at school on Wednesday. This means that I won't have so much to write on Sunday! As the title suggests, it is nearly the holidays again - I only have one week left of school before my Easter holidays. The school holidays start in two weeks, but I'm going to spend a week with Christin, my German assistant from when I was at school (some three years ago now!), before I go (or come, depending on where you're reading this) home to good ol' blighty!

So far, this week has been pretty average. Monday was a busy day with a whole two lessons, and little else! Tuesday was somewhat more manic at the Gesamtschule, I had to take two cover lessons for the Schuldirektor (one of which I was prepared for, the other was sprung on me with the worst class (not ability-wise, but behaviour-wise)). With the unexpected, and as such unplanned, class I came to an agreement which, whilst not being the most condusive to learning English, meant that I could do English with some of the class, because otherwise, put simply, nothing gets done, except the hoarsening of my voice! So the compromise/agreement we came to was that they could either do their homework or play English games. This actually seemed to work, because they were aware that if they didn't do either they'd be copying out the Hausordnung (Code of Conduct/School Rules) at least 3 times.

Tuesday afternoon I had quite a bit planned - well two things really - meeting up with my tandem partner (with whom I practise my German, and she practises her English), and a private lesson. As is usual, these plans fell through within about five minutes of each other. The others had planned an afternoon in Völklingen, so I thought I would join them there. We had all intended to climb up to the top of the steelworks to enjoy the view - instead we got distracted by an interesting exhibition about the brain, memory and senses. It was quite interesting, and not what I expected. I had to leave Voelklingen just before the others went up the steelworks because my private lesson had been re-arranged for later in the evening.


So, here we are on Wednesday, which presently appears to be pretty standard - normal school lessons, normal weather, and even the buses are running normally punctual! We shall see if anything exciting develops, and I'll add it on Sunday!


Where was I? It's now Sunday, and I'm writing this at on my bed, after having watched the Bahrain Grand Prix on RTL and a few episodes of Yes, Minister too! So, what happened between Wednesday and now? Not a huge amount; a few things, but not a lot particularly exciting!

Wednesday evening I went out with Esther, and as usual, it went on longer than foreseen, i.e. we met about 3.30 and I caught the last bus of the night home again at 00.17 Thursday morning. Somehow though, I felt better after having less sleep than normal, and was fresher and more alert in the morning. That said, this is not a method I plan on introducing on too regular a basis! Friday was not an overly exciting day, I did the washing, I wrote some more of my essay, and I watched a bit of TV, that was pretty much it really! Saturday involved a pretty lazy morning, and then meeting Harriet in town in the afternoon for a drink! Sunday, as I said previously, has been spent watching the Bahrain Grand Prix on RTL, in German, which was interesting - but there's so many new teams, it took a while to get my head around it!


What does next week hold? My last week of school before Easter, and the preparations for my trip to Jena; at the moment, not a huge amount is planned - but we shall see what develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment